Next event: Sept. 12th, Track Fundraiser @ Pacific Raceways.
Community service minded motorcyclist came together and created a riding club that aligns it’s passion for the ride with a desire to create a positive impact in the community. The CRU uses the classic approach of aligning our passions, business network and strengths to be a force multiplier while enjoying the ride! A diverse group of people, we don’t care what model or marque you ride only that you ride it right! Passionately, with impact in your sights. The details are below……
About Cystic Fibrosis (https://www.cff.org)
Cystic fibrosis is a progressive, genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe over time. In people with CF, a defective gene causes a thick, sticky buildup of mucus in the lungs, pancreas, and other organs. In the lungs, the mucus clogs the airways and traps bacteria leading to infections, extensive lung damage, and eventually, respiratory failure. In the pancreas, the mucus prevents the release of digestive enzymes that allow the body to break down food and absorb vital nutrients.
*The average lifespan of a person with CF is 37 years old.
*CF effects one out of every 3,000 newborns and one in 25 people is a carrier.
**The founder of the Café Racers Union lost his brother to CF, he was 7 years old.
About Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.nationalmssociety.org)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) involves an immune-mediated process in which an abnormal response of the body’s immune system is directed against the central nervous system (CNS). The CNS is made up of the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves.
Within the CNS, the immune system causes inflammation that damages myelin — the fatty substance that surrounds and insulates the nerve fibers — as well as the nerve fibers themselves, and the specialized cells that make myelin.
*More than 2.3 million people are affected by MS worldwide.
About Vine Maple Place (http://www.vinemapleplace.org)
Vine Maple Place provides a safe home for families with children as they work to overcome the trauma of homelessness, abuse, domestic violence, and other difficult life situations. We work to bring a family to financial and housing stability and integrate families back into the community through accountability and structured guidance.
Here are a few responses to some of the more common questions we get about the club.
1) CRU is a gentleman’s riding club with a passion for the ride and an objective of impacting the world through contributing to it.
2) We are a non-profit, focused on giving and educating others on charities and people in need (while sharing our passion for motorcycling).
3) We are a private club, 30 members, nomination required and a subset of the community must vote nominees in. We do have a community page on FaceBook as we welcome people to join us at events, Café runs and rides!
4) We have been riding for the majority of our lives and come from a variety of social, economic, cultural backgrounds and professions. From executives to military veterans we have have this in common, Passion & Impact.
5) Our primary charity partners include the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, DGR, Microsoft Give, and Vine Maple place. We do work with others as needed.
6) Commercial partners: I-90 Motorsports, Sumerian Brewing Co., The Shop/Backfire, Northwest Select Real Estate Services, Karl Noakes Photography and Microsoft Give.
Ty Moore - President/Founder
Arturo Lee - DIR.
Malcolm Goodrich - Legal
Kate & Nick Mayerschoff - Dir of Community Service
Jim Frazier - Road Capt.
Cassandra Haavisto - DIR.
Kent Tse - DIR.
Membership Roll Call:
Ty Moore, Arturo Lee, Cassandra Haavisto, Malcolm Goodrich, Kent Tse, Jim Frazier, Nick Mayerschoff, Kate Mayerschoff, Ismail Arslangira, Jason Wallace, Mike MacConaghy, Dave Schroeder, Jeff Lary, Adam Chia, Jeff Lee, Ryan Nghi, Fred Pace, Antonio Moral, Riley Van Winkle, Tim Chang, Rodrigo Arzate, Alex Gumina, Christian Pace, Arsenio Locsin, Kristian Soholm, David Wike, Mick Szucs and Tom Hall (Cali Chapter Pres).
Contact us: CafeRacersUnion@Outlook.com